Sunday, December 2, 2007

Did you think I wouldn't know

Did you think I wouldn't know?

You thought you were sly, you thought you were cool. PS, I saw right through it. You thought you were shaded, no, you were just shady.

I know what you were trying to do. Buy me something when you should have done it years ago. Tell me you are still here, I know you are, the thing is, I don't care anymore. Thought you had power, guess what, it was an illusion. I know, a shock to me too.

You can't get in my mind anymore. You tried, for years, but guess what, little by little, I am ripping you out. Like a cancer I didn't know I had, I started finding ways to see you as you were, a charlaton. Do you even see yourself that way? Probably not.

It wasn't even your money you bought a gift for me with. Wish you got the point. Stolen money like stolen years. Still taking what isn't yours I see. Interesting.

And what were you going to tell me? What could you say? Years of nothing but manipulation, and now you have something of worth to say? Don't be alarmed by the sarcasm all over my face, you should see it coming. You mean Yahoo personals isn't working out? Your next victim saw it coming sooner than I did? Too bad, it must be tough for a man like you.

Tried to ruin a day special to me, but sorry to say, I gave a few minutes, than I put you away. See, you thought you knew me, but that woman, she is gone. That sotto voice I used for you, sweet, innocent, broken.... gone. It's just me left. Strong. Stronger than you thought. Scary isn't it? Someone else has control. Someone else walked in, told you how it was, and walked away. Did you hear the music as I walked away? I did. It was loud, and it said "Well I never saw coming, should have started running a long long time ago, never thought to doubt you, better off without you, more than you know, I 'm slowly getting closure, I guess it's really over, I'm finally getting better, picking up the pieces, spending all of these years putting my heart back together, the day I never thought I get through, I got over you."

Good try. I give you props for your try, you just didn't know, I see through you. I got smart, smarter than you ever thought I was. I guess you should have listened a long time ago when I told you I had something to give. Now you might know, or you might not, but that doesn't matter, because I might have been curious, but in that moment of choice, I didn't want to hear what you had to say. I already knew, it would just be lies.....

You just didn't think I knew.....

No comments: